Pages

July 10, 2013

Korea City Hall

The first location that I went in Korea was the Seoul City Hall. I wasn’t visited there on purpose but was actually passed by when I am searching my way to reach Myeong Dong. According to Wikipedia, this Renaissance-style stone building was founded in 1926. I didn’t truly know much about this building, but I knew that one of the episode of the RunningMan was filmed in this building before. =P

I was actually amazed with the outlook of this building as I had never seen architecture like this.


I was there during summer and they are decorating the field with a Korea flag formed by flower, right in front of the Korea City Hall. 

There was an exhibition ongoing at the big field right in front of the City Hall. I was glad to have a chance to learn about the traditional game of Korean to train their stamina. It was a big scale of swing that people swing themselves on it.
A wrong demonstration by me
A Korean guy with good stamina
I wasn’t good in playing that and only able to have a light swing from front to back. There was a Korean guy had showed me the actual way of the game where he able to swing almost up to the sky.


How to reach there?

Take Seoul Subway line 1 or 2 to City Hall Station, Exit 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...